Friday, February 5, 2010

Oh, sure, now I'm the bad guy


I don't do many things well, but complaining is something I truly excel at. It's something I can really sink my teeth into. So this teachers class I had to do offered a nice opportunity that someone with my skill set could really take and run with. I've entertained myself with mumbled insults, sarcastic comments and even a ranting entry here. It makes me feel alive.

Last Friday was the last day we had. I was very happy and took the opportunity to teach them English expressions such as "dog and pony show" and "it's like pulling teeth" while snickering to myself.

But then these selfish hacks had to go and ruin everything for me. At the end of the lesson they thanked me and offered to take me out to lunch. As a child, I was babysat by my grandmother who survived both Stalin's famine in Ukraine and a concentration camp in Hitler's Germany, so I have been taught to never turn down free food. I accepted hesitantly, ready for another seafood infested monstrosity I had to explain could kill me at any moment due to my allergy. But then these vermin brought me to a duck restaurant. I had mentioned a week or two prior that duck is seen as a delicacy in Canada and that I have only eaten it twice, both times being delicious. So these bastards actually listened to me and surprised me with something that they knew I would like. They even paid for everything. Assholes.

After returning to school pleasantly stuffed I was told to wait just outside the office. Oh, here we go again! They make me wait out in the cold while they go get all comfy in the heated room. Typical! Then these rats, these absolute pricks, come out with a wrapped box and present it to me as thanks for all the work I've done for them. What nerve! I go to my office upstairs and unwrap it, expecting the usual home kimchi making set or box of generic teas that they know I don't drink. Oh, super. It's a bunch of high quality socks. Yeah, it sounds bland enough but just two days before I mentioned that I needed new socks but it's one of those things I never think to buy when out. So these snakes listened to what I said and went out and picked out a gift that suited me perfectly and made my life easier. Can you believe the audacity?

So then I'm sitting there in my office ready to write about how I'm finally done with those selfish losers that I had to teach for 4 weeks, and then they have to go and be all nice and giving. I mean, just let me complain in peace, alright? Is that too much to ask? Can I just hate you and feel sorry for myself without your interfering generosity and friendly warmth?

Ingrates.

No comments:

Post a Comment