Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Whiskey is a go-go? A Pro-Con analysis


On this Eve of Christmas Eve Day, I am contemplating bringing a bottle of whiskey with me to work tomorrow. I know it's not 'right', but part of living in a foreign land is reconsidering your culturally based ethics and standards. Thusly (one of my favourite non-words), I have compiled a pro and con list:

CON:
-I will be too drunk to pariticipate in planned Christmas activities after work.

PRO:
-I have no planned Christmas activities after work.

CON:
-Whiskey is expensive here.

PRO:
-Whiskey already procured for festivities, wherever they take place. Don't remember how, don't remember when, but there's a bottle sitting there.

CON:
-Won't someone please think of the children?!!!

PRO:
-Kids are at home dealing with their own daddy's alcoholism.

CON:
-Won't your co-workers notice you're drunk?

PRO:
-They haven't yet and it's been 2 years. I'm much more pleasent under the influence. At least that's what the last judge told me. Besides, most of my co-workers are at home with their families. Hence(ly?), my need for whiskey.

CON:
-Won't someone smell it on your breath?

PRO:
-Kimchi not only cures AIDS, cancer, swine flu, gayness and the common cold, but also DUIs.

CON:
-I might get fired.

PRO:
-I might get fired.

So it's settled then.

No comments:

Post a Comment